Dr. Scott T. McMullen is a skilled and compassionate doctor who can help you with any Foot or Ankle issue and get you moving again.
Looking for a highly skilled and approachable physician to solve your Foot & Ankle issues? Dr. McMullen has a high level of expertise and skill and can get you back to enjoying your life once again. Schedule an appointment today.
- Undergraduate: The University of Iowa College of Liberal Arts, Iowa City, IA
- Medical: The University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
- Internship: Orthopaedic Surgery, Creighton-Nebraska Health Foundation, Omaha, NE
- Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery, Creighton-Nebraska Health Foundation, Omaha, NE
- Fellowship: Foot & Ankle Surgery, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- American Medical Association
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Nebraska Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Nebraska Medical Society
- Omaha-Douglas County Medical Society
- Mid-Central States Orthopaedic Society
- Mayo Alumni Association
- Adjunct Assistant Professor (Clinical), University of Nebraska Medical Center
Dr. McMullen grew up in the Midwest and is an Iowa native. He enjoys spending time with his wife and three sons and attending his sons’ activities. He also takes pride in his yard, and does yardwork for enjoyment. He hopes to return to spending more time golfing again when his sons are older.
McMullen, ST, Fitzgibbons, TC. Tendinopathies of the Foot and Ankle. Orthopaedics, Sect. 11, Chapter 3, pgs 1638-53 Mosby, St Louis, MO, 2001.
Fitzgibbons, TC, McMullen, ST. Fractures and Dislocations of the Calcaneus. in Rockwood and Green’s Fractures in Adults 5th Edition. ed. James Heckman and Robert Bucholz. Vol.2, Chapter 49, pgs 2133-74, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, New York, NY, 2001.
McMullen, S.T., Foot and Ankle Trauma. Forefoot Syndromes. Orthopedic Secrets, 2nd edition. Ed. David E. Brown, M.D., and Randall D. Neumann, M.D., Hanley & Belfus, Inc., Philadelphia, PA 1999.
Graves, S.C., McMullen, S.T.: Hallux Valgus, in Reconstructive Surgery of the Joints, 2nd edition, Ed. Bernard F. Morrey, Churchill Livingston, Inc., New York, NY, 1995.
McMullen, S. T., Foot and Ankle Trauma. Forefoot Syndromes. Orthopedic Secrets. Eds. David E. Brown, M.D. and Randall D, Neumann, M.D., Hanley & Belfus, Philadelphia, PA, 1995.
Clare, MP, Fitzgibbons, TC, McMullen, ST, et al.: “Experience with the Vacuum Assisted Closure Negative Pressure Technique in the Treatment of Non-healing Diabetic and Dysvascular Wounds”. Foot & Ankle International (accepted for publication 2002)
Kumagai, S, Fitzgibbons, T.C., McMullen, S.T., Heiser, D.: “Chopart’s Fracture Dislocation: A Case Report and Review of the Literature”. The Nebraska Medical Journal. 81(4): 116-119, April 1996.
Kumagai, SG, Mahoney, C.R., Fitzgibbons, T.C., McMullen, S.T.: “Treatment of Diabetic (Neuropathic) Foot Ulcers with Two Stage Debridement and Closure”. Foot and Ankle International. 19(3): 160-165, March 1998.
Mudge, I, Hughes, K, Fitzgibbons, T.C., McMullen, S.T., Stolarskyj, A.: “Melorheostosis of the Foot: A Case Report and Review of the Literature”. The Nebraska Medical Journal, 81(1): 18, January 1996.
Crosby, L.A. and McMullen, S.T.: “Heel pain in an active adolescent? Consider calcaneal apophysitis”. The Physician and Sportsmedicine, 21(4):89-91, April 1993.